We moved into our new house 5 years ago. We love our place but no matter where we’ve lived, we’ve always filled up the space we have. Sometimes I think, “If I only had 3 more feet along the end of my garage, my garage wouldn’t be as crowded”. “If my woodworking shop had had more floor space, I wouldn’t feel cramped.” No matter what it is, we often want more. We want to be paid more for our work and career. We want more free time. The list goes on and on. More. More. More.
Do you want more out of life? Of all the things in life we want more of, the one thing that God promises us is that can get more out of life. Not more stuff, but more out of life.
John 10:10b says, “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
Do you want more out life? Are you seeking a greater purpose? Do you want to leave an eternal legacy? God says to surrender to Him and live a life guided by Him. A life where you seek out His desires and plan for you.
Follow these steps:
1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God’s created order and purpose. Romans 1:20-21
“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.”
2. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards. Romans 3:23
“For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”
3. God gave us the way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8
“But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life. Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
5. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you are saved. Romans 10:9-10
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
6. There are no other religious formulas or rituals. Just call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved! Romans 10:13
“For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
7. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today. It requires complete surrender. Romans 11:36
“For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.”