The sauce recipe is taken from https://jesspryles.com/recipe/best-ever-bbq-brisket-burnt-ends/ with a few modifications.
- 1 brisket flat approx 7lb
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 cup Famous Daves-Seasoning Rib Rub
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Preheat a smoker to 225f.
- Slather mustard and apply the Famous Daves-Seasoning Rib Rub generously.
- Place the brisket flat into the smoker. Cook with apple wood chips until an internal temperature of 150f is reached.
- Wrap the brisket tightly in foil, and return to the smoker until an internal temperature of 185f is reached.
- Remove from foil and place the brisket flat back into the smoker. Smoke (cook) with apple wood chips (until an internal temperature of 203f is reached). During this stage of the cook, go to the next step to make your sauce.
- Make your sauce. Place the cola in a small saucepan over medium high heat, and reduce liquid by at least half. Add the bbq sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, soy and butter, plus salt to taste. Stir to combine until thickens.
- Remove brisket from the smoker and tightly wrap with foil. Wrap the foiled brisked with a towel and place in a cooler to let rest 1-2 hours.
- Remove from cooler and unwrap towel and foil and place the brisket flat in a foil pan. Pull / shred the brisket. Remove any fat that may still be in the brisket – trim these out or discard.
- Pour the sauce over the pulled brisket, mixing it in to make sure all is well coated then return to the smoker. NOTE. Depending on the size of your brisket flat, you may not need all the sauce.
- Smoke (cook) another 1-2 hours. Periodically mix the brisket up to get the smoke flavor through-out. Use apple wood for the smoke.
- Remove from smoker and server.