Bacon Wrapped Ranch Swiss Smoked Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Ranch Swiss Smoked Chicken on the Weber grill using the vortex
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing
- 14 slices swiss cheese
- 14 strips bacon
- Slice chicken breasts in half for a total of 14 breasts (1/2 slices).
- Mix the kosher salt and brown sugar in the 1 gallon of water for the brine.
- Brine the chicken breasts in the brine for 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse with water.
- Mix 3 oz. of the ranch mix with 8 oz. of water.
- Pour the ranch/water mix into a zip lock bag and add 7 of the 1/2 chicken breasts into the bag. Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix another 3 oz. of the ranch mix with another 8 oz. of water.
- Pour the ranch/water mix into a zip lock bag and add the remaining 7 of the 1/2 chicken breasts into the bag. Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Prepare the grill or smoker. Use Apple wood for the smoking. (The chicken will be smoked with indirect heat at 500+ degrees. I use the vortex method on the Weber grill.)
- Remove the marinated chicken from the zip lock bags and wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon.
- Place on the grill (or smoker) for indirect heat at 500+ degrees. Smoke with Apple wood.
- After 15-20 minutes, turn over the chicken to cook evenly on the other side.
- After 25-30 minutes, check the temperature of the chicken. Chicken is done at 165 degrees.
- Top each piece of chicken with the swiss cheese slices. Remove chicken from grill (or smoker) after a few minutes and cheese is melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!