I use the Vortex with my Weber Grill for smoking Chicken Wings. If you’ve never heard of a Charcoal Vortex, check it out. The Vortex will raise your grill temperature to 550 degrees and allow you to cook the wings with indirect high heat.
- Weber Grill
- 5 lbs Party Chicken Wings Approximately 25 party wings
- 4 tbsp Mama's Rub (Mustard, Pickles, BBQ)
- 1 spray Olive Oil Spray
- Prepare weber kettle grill for indirect cooking using a Vortex.
- Remove chicken wings from packaging and season with the rub on all sides.
- Place the wings on a grate to let them air dry while the grill is getting hot.
- Place the wings on the grill cooking grate in the indirect zone towards the outside of the cooking grate and add 1 chunk of apple wood directly on the grate over the vortex.
- Grill wings for 30-40 minutes turning occasionally for even cooking.
- Wings are done when internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165 on an instant read thermometer. I smoke my wings to a temp of 180.
- Optional: Serve wings with your favorite dipping sauce